Monday, February 9, 2009

Take Care of Your Feet ... They Take You Everwhere You Go

Betty Ensor Thomas.....I probably take better care of my feet than I do the rest of my body. Maybe it’s because I’ve been in the shoe business since I was 18. Maybe it’s because that I’ve seen a lot of other peoples feet. And, maybe it’s just because I’m a big baby and just can’t stand to have my feet hurt.

Which ever reason it is, I do try to take care of my feet and constantly recommend that my customers do the same. Here’s what the experts generally recommend:


1. Inspect you feet daily for signs of any trauma such as redness, blisters, cuts, cracks, swelling or color changes. This is especially important if you are a diabetic.


2. Do not trim or shave corns or calluses.


3. Bathe you feet daily using a mild soap. Use a pumice stone to gently remove callused skin. Do not soak your feet too long - it will destroy the natural oils in the skin. Rinse off all soap and dry feet thoroughly, especially between the toes.


4. Apply lotion or petroleum jelly to feet and heels. Avoid using between the toes.


5. Trim nails straight across, and not too short. Don’t cut out or dig at corners.


6. Wear clean socks or stockings each day. Do not wear any that are too short or too tight.


7. Wear comfortable shoes that fit. Pick shoes for the right activity. Switch shoes from day to day. This allows your shoes time to air out and dry between wearings.


8. Avoid walking barefooted.


9. If planning outdoor activities, always apply sunblock to exposed areas of the feet. Reapply if feet become wet

.
10. Use foot powder if your feet sweat or are prone to athlete’s foot.

11. Exercise regularly to maintain and improve the circulation in your feet.


12. Do not ignore foot problems and do not allow problems to get worse. Seek attention from your physician. It is not normal for feet to hurt.


We have recently started carrying Citrusway Footcare Products that are All Natural and Made in USA.  We highly recommend these products.  I will add pictures of their products soon, in the meantime you can check them out at:  https://www.citrusway.com/



Remember, if your feet hurt - you hurt all over!

NOW you can order online at:  ensorshoes.com


Ensor's Comfort Shoes - 4022 Nolensville Rd - Nashville, TN 37211 - (615) 424-9704
Keeping your feet happy and healthy since 1993


Updated October 21, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment