In every box of SAS's casual sandal line they include cleaning instructions for the insoles. If you are like me, those instructions seem to disappear. So, here they are with a few of my extras thrown in.
These instructions are for the casual smooth leather styles Comfy, Cozy, Duo, Huarache, Huggy, Naples, Relaxed, Sanibel, Sorrento, and any older styles that have the SAS Tripad Comfort® Insoles including their Men's style Bravo. These instructions also work for SAS® Styles Capri, Quatro, Sunburst, and Tabby.
1. Undo all buckles and straps. Use a toothbrush to remove any debris including where the upper meets the insole.
2. Use SAS® Leather Cream to clean the leather uppers. This will remove dirt and stains and also help replenish the moisture to the leather. Buff dry. (For Nubuck Sandals simply brush with SAS's Nubuck Brush).
3. Use SAS® Sole Cleaner to clean the soles. The sole cleaner is good to remove stubborn stains including grass stains.
4. Stir one tablespoon of any mild, liquid laundry detergent into one cup (8 ounces) of cool water until sudsy. (This mixture is enough to clean up to three pairs of sandals).
5. Scrub the insoles clean with a toothbrush.
6. Blot dry with a clean, soft cloth.
7. Let dry naturally, away from any artificial heat. Drying time will vary depending on the amount of liquid used. Allow up to 24 hours.
8. After you are sure they are dry, brush with a dry toothbrush to refurbish the nap.
9. Fasten all buckles, and you're ready to go.
These instructions are for the dress smooth leather styles Caress, Strippy, Sunburst, and Suntimer or any other styles with the smooth insoles:
1. Undo all buckles and straps. Use a toothbrush to remove any debris, including where the upper meets the insole.
2. Use SAS® Leather Cream as in Number 2 above.
3. Use SAS® Sole Cleaner as in Number 3 above.
4. SAS® does not have a recommendation for cleaning the insoles of their dress shoes, so I offer this information. DO NOT use the Leather Cream. I suggest using a clean dry cloth with ONLY one drop of the sole cleaner. Use this on any trouble spots and use sparingly. The use of too much of any product will make the insoles slick.
Following these instructions should make your sandals ready for another season. BUT don't forget to always find out what is new each year.
NOW you can buy online at: ensorshoes.com
Ensor's Comfort Shoes - 4022 Nolensville Rd - Nashville, TN 37211 - (615) 834-7458
Keeping your feet healthy and happy since 1993
Updated October 21, 2017